Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

1998 Beaver Monterey ( just purchased) fan switch on control

Customer Question

1998 Beaver Monterey ( just purchased) fan switch on control panel, what does fan go to? It is making noise but we don't know what it is used for.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

The fan switch could be for a heat exchanger, some of these older units used a hydronic heater and they would stick switches in the front and rear for the fan for the exchanger, some also used the engine coolant that the hoses are routed through the exchangers, if that was the case you would feel air coming out some vents near the floor somewhere in the RV, the only other item I can think of is the dash fan but you would visibly be able to see that as it is above the driver or passenger, may need to go to the area you are hearing it at and see what is there.... Hope this helps some... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...