Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a 2016 Cedar Creek 5th wheel trailer, and I'm trying

Customer Question

I have a 2016 Cedar Creek 5th wheel trailer, and I'm trying to install a second A/C unit in the front of the trailer. The trailer is pre-wired for a second unit (there is a power line, a 4 conductor phone connector and a 2 wire connector for a thermostat). The Dometic Penguin II A/C unit that I purchased is wired for a CCC2 thermostat (which is what I have). However the A/C unit has a lot more wires than the RV, according to the wire schematic (2 blue wires are for the furnace, 2 yellow Load Shed, 1 black for 12-, 1 red for 12+ and to phone lines to T-Stat) Basically I'm not sure what to do with them? Any help is appreciated.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Only the wiring diagram on the A/C unit
JA: What is the model of your '16 RV?
Customer: Cedar Creek 33IK 5th wheel
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only to set the A/C unit on the roof
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I think it is pretty well spelled out in my previous email
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

You need to remember that this is wired up as though it would be the only A/C up there, so you won't need much. Most of these are wired up so that the second unit just needs the 120 VAC and the RJ-11 cable that connects the two units together. I don't think you have to change out the board, but if you give me the actual model numbers off both units I can check just to be sure. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I purchased a 641815 Penguin II (for the bedroom unit) and I believe the original (only A/C unit is a H541816) mounted at the rear of the RV.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Additionally the thermostat wire is not a RJ-11 connector looks almost 2 small squares next to each other, were would that go? Does that need to replaced with an RJ-11 connector, how would I wire that (wire and pin location)?
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Can you attach a photo of that for me so I can see what cable you have?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Pictures attached (this is one of 3 wires) the other wire is an RJ-11 contector, and the third is 12 gauge 120 v power wire. All three of these are pre installed in the RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

One is the freeze sensor and plugs into that spot and the other should be the communications cord. Did the new unit come with an installation guide? The wiring should be in there.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry for the confusion, the 2 pictures were the same part( one of the terminated connector end in question and a catalog picture), believe it's a thermostat wire on the wall, (looks like freeze sensor is already installed). Still not sure where that is supposed to go (looks like I need to remove the 2 pin connector and replace with a RJ-11 connector and then plug into one of the two phone cables on the A/C Units
A/C Unit installation Manual
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Just be sure you pay attention to the plugs. They are backward from a phone cord. Look at the wire colors and positions so you can be sure they are correct. Let me know if you need more later.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you got all you needed on this question from the information I supplied or do you still need more input here?