Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a slide out problem with my 2007 Keystone Sprinter.

Customer Question

I have a slide out problem with my 2007 Keystone Sprinter. two slideout go out buty will not slide in. You can hear the motor when going out but no sound for going in. I checked the switch and that seems okay. I contacted Keystone and did not get anywhere with them. Thank you. Rich
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

So do I understand correctly that they will go OUT, but when you try to retract them you don't hear the motor and pump coming on? IF so, that usually is a bad switch. You know that the motor and pump are working and getting power. If you have a 12 VDC test light or small digital mutimeter we can test this. You would need a ground lead long enough to reach from the switch area to the load center where all your fuses and breakers are. It can be 16-18 gauge as that isn't that critical and have an alligator clip on each end. A meter is about $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. A test light is about $5. Great to have for this sort of diagnosis. I can direct you in the testing and will make a phone chat offer for you in case you feel that would be easier. All follow ups are included in our fee.