Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

After a 10 hour trip my dometic dm2852 refrigerator isn't

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: After a 10 hour trip my dometic dm2852 refrigerator isn't working. No power to the panel above the freezer no inside light and everything is warm
JA: How old is your battery? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: I just installed two brand new batteries before we left
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: It's a 2016 keystone cougar 30rli
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'd like to. I'm camping at a race track in the middle of nowhere. So far just checked power AC outlet which was good. Checked for power at the block. Two terminals were hot. Checked the five amp inline fuse which was good
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just it was working fine when I left this morning. Oddly enough the guy I'm camping with has a 2016 keystone Laredo 330 rl and he is having the exact same problem
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Under that outside access panel you will have a circuit board, on the circuit board is a fuse for the DC and AC portion. Unplug the fridge and remove the cover, check the fuses. You do not want to touch the AC fuse when it is plugged in. In order for the fridge to turn on you need 12 volts DC going into the circuit board, if the fuse is not blown and you have 12 volts on the supply wires go to the round flue canister and look for some smaller wires that run to the circuit board, look for a small disc about the size of a quarter, in the center is small button, make sure that is not popped out. That is a high limit and when it trips will cut power to the fridge. On some DM models instead of a disc they use a diode that would be on the wires. The wire will be much smaller then the wires for the AC heating element. IF that is not the issue and it is not turning on I suspect bad circuit board.... Hope this helps IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page... Robert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm unable to locate this disc
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

OK, if you do not see the disc on the flue canister follow the smaller wires back they should run to the board, there might be a blown dioide on the wires. The newer DM models use a diode, you can not bypass that to make the fridge run as it is a safety feature.....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Click HERE see page 31, that was the disc I was talking about but I know at some point that they went to a diode.

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert