TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, RV Mechanic
Experience:  30 years experiance on RV engine and chassis
17454363

I have a 1987 Ford 350 econoline chasse, Minni Winnie 7.5

Customer Question

I have a 1987 Ford 350 econoline chasse, Minni Winnie 7.5 engine. There are two hoses that attach to the bottom of the Air cleaner and do not know were the go. When I took the Air filter out then the housing the two what looks like vacuum hoses where not attached to anything except to the bottom of the Air cleaner housing . Need some type of picture where to attach them can you help
Category: RV
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have a picture of the Air cleaner with the hoses attached if you have a way for me to send it to you
Expert:  Jeremy replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

There should be a paper clip icon on your screen to be able to attach pictures for us to see.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Here is a picture
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is no rating place on my phone I'll rat you when I get home tomarrow
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

I would go to either Faxon Automotive Literature or Lloyd's Automotive Literature and get a copy of the Service Manual for this vehicle. It will have everything you need to work on this yourself, including the wiring and hose routing diagrams. There are many variations of these and one problem for use here is that the chassis year sometimes doesn't match the actual year of the motorhome. Your local automotive parts store may have some routing diagrams as well that you can use for free. I am attaching links to those two sites for you. Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee.http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

And click on this link for the Lloyd's site. http://www.lloydsautolit.com/

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
wrong I have the book! If it was that easy I would not be asking the question if you don't know I would prefer you just say you don't know
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

I suspect you just need to take it into a dealer. There are way too many of these variations to know them all and I don't have a manual on every one. Sorry you couldn't find what you needed, but I will put this back up for other techs to offer something. One of them may have what you need. Your photo wasn't any help.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Jeremy can you help with the question. It seems everything I need like belt configuration is only the same as the Deasel engine but this is a gas Engine. Don't tell me to just look in the books for I have looked and does not show that suction line
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Tim. No body can figure this out
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I already have 4 manuels and they don't even show a hose that comes off the bottom of the Air cleaner
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 8 months ago.

this is not this difficult, the two lines off the bottom of the air cleaner, are for the hot air recirc on the air cleaner, one goes to the carb, the other goes to the air filter when its cold, it is not necessary in the summer, but if running in the winter is effective, tim