Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Need to repair the wiper seal on the slide out on a Dutchmen

Customer Question

Need to repair the wiper seal on the slide out on a Dutchmen north shore rv
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Talking about the wiper seal on the bump out
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2008 Dutchmen north shore fifth wheel
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes myself wondering if I need to take the slider out
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The old wiper is screwed in not glued
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

IF you are talking about the rubber seal on the outside that makes contact with the room you should not have to remove the slideout, I would run the room out a few inches and if the seal is screwed on I would use a long bit so you can get at the screws if that is an issue. IF you have an awning on the slideroom that may need to be pinned and then put on the roof while you do the repair. If you still need more help please send me some photos of whet you are dealing with and I might have some more direction..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....