Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair
13677702

I own a 1989 ford Econoline Jamboree Rallye and I want to

Customer Question

I own a 1989 ford Econoline Jamboree Rallye and I want to install a back up camera. Where is the reverse light wiring
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall C replied 4 months ago.

Hello, sorry for the delay. I noticed your open question, Do you still need help? also.. if so, can you send the size of the van? is it say a E350? etc

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
a Ford E350 7.5L V8 Fl
Yes, I need help!

on the drivers side, left side of the trans is a switch where the shifter hooks to the trans. You will see a electrical plug, You are looking for the BLACK/PURPLE wire, That is to the backup lamps. there are NO taps inside or any other location . You have to either go directly to a backup lamp and tap there OR have to tap that wire at the switch and run a wire. I wish there was a remote spot to make easier but is not. this link shows the elctrical plug at top left of the picture where that wire is, You splice into the black/purple wire

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have know idea what the heck I am looking at. This was no help to me because I am green, the camera instructions looked easy, I am stupid for thinking I could do it
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is my first rv, and I just wanted to be safe

I did my best to explain, get under van, look on left side of trans, you will se e a electrical plug, Look for the balck/purple wire, tap your camera wire into that and run the wire as you can,You asked how to tap in and I have sent that info. I am here to help but not much I really can offer,