Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My propane rv fridge is not cooling .It was on all night. I

Customer Question

My propane rv fridge is not cooling .It was on all night. I thought it was leaking some type of gas the day before. It smell funny and you can see the gas spraying out.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: I am using it for my cabin. The flame is blue but not cooling.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: It is a older model and not sure the year. Second hand. Made in Japan.
JA: What year is your RV?
Customer: I bought it to use in cabin. No RV. Coolant leaked away?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yeas because no one will fix it. All hose are tight. burner light easy and blue. Stack cleaned
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The coil on back was warm. I cannot lower the flame or raise the flame. It should cool after 20 hours inspite.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Can you please get me the make and model of the fridge???? Did it smell like ammonia OR rotten eggs? OR something else??

Follow ups are included.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

DO you still need help on this?

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry, I was away from internet. I left the fridge at the cabin. The fridge is about 40 years old ,made in Japan. The smell I can't remember, I thought more like ammonia. I never used this fridge before. I can't turn the flame lower or higher.
My other propane fridge, similar age, made in Britain. As soon as I take the finger off the pilot light button, the flame goes off. Even if I hold it for a minute
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

OK

Really need the make and model of the fridge, if it smelled like ammonia it means the cooling unit has ruptured and I would not use it. IF you can get the make and model I can have a better idea of what might be going on..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert