Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have a domestic 2 way refer ,i am pluged into the house

Customer Question

i have a domestic 2 way refer ,i am pluged into the house current for about 6 hr and have no cooling . i am in the drive way at an angle. the outside heating tube is hot. what might be the problem. thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

You can not run the fridge on an angle the cooling unit can become blocked and when they become blocked the cooling unit needs to be replaced... What I would try at this point is to get the fridge level and let it sit for a few hours. This might move the solution inside the absorber coils (cooling unit). There is really no fix once the cooling unit becomes blocked.

As a general rule NO cooling on BOTH AC AND LP indicate an issue with the cooling unit, the cardinal rule on these is not to let them sit off level because the cooling unit can become blocked.

The freezer will always get cold long before the box so it is still possible to have a blockage and the freezer section working.

Maybe not the news you were hoping for but it is very common for a cooling unit to become blocked when it is off-level...

A rupture you might smell ammonia, see a yellowish powder on the back of the coils.....

Hope this helps... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

IF the fridge does in fact cool in the box on LP please let me know and please respond with the model number. Will help you troubleshoot but will need the model...

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....