Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

W have a 2002 outback trave. We have a 2002 outback travel

Customer Question

W have a 2002 outback trave.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have a 2002 outback travel trailer with a manual side slide out. The slide is hard to pull out and does not like to lock into place when you push it in.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Yes. Checked under the seat in side the rollers where not straight.so fixed them by staighting them. Also used WD 40 on yhe mechanices
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Part of your problem may be in using the wrong lubricants. Thetford makes some good ones for the rails and roller and also another one for the wiper seals. Not sure what kind of slide locks you have, but you can but aftermarket units that are easy to install and will keep the room locked into place. American Technology makes some that are not expensive. Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more input from me as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Why are we having problems with it locking into place?
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

I can't say for sure since I can't see it from here. Usually that would be a problem either with the locks or that the room isn't fully extended or retracted or is out of alignment. That would take some inspection from a tech to diagnose I think.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You pull a lever on the outside to pull the slide out. Then just push the slide in. It's to lock into place but has a hard time locking so it does not side out again.
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

.As I previously mentioned, this can be due to any number of things. Debris in the way or a room out of alignment or somewhat "tweaked" and it may take a tech looking at it to tell.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

You are most welcome! Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer.