Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Loss of power to all acc's up front. alternator has just

Customer Question

Loss of power to all acc's up front. alternator has just been overhauled by a electrician but somehow I managed to short out wiring.Ray from Australia.1986 country coach
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Are you saying that nothing at all on the dash is working?

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Robert thanks for the reply, I have no power to all acc's up front . Engine would start but know engine will not start seems to be all combined, when key is turned to start position radio will light up for about 5-6 seconds then go out , does not play in that time.I have checked all Fuses in front and rear control boxes and any that are visible under dash. No power to leveling jacks wipers head-tail-stop-side-park-fog & driving lights , battery voltage ,gear shifter rear & side camera's, horn, reversing lights . Power from ignition to Alternator.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

OK

There has to be a breaker tripped somewhere, go to the battery and check your voltage, make sure all the cables are tight, check the ground going to the frame, if the battery was removed verify the cables. After that follow the cables from the battery to the fuse box, use a test light and probe for power, below is a style breaker they could be using that kind has a tiny tab that pops out on it when it trips.

I want to also say back in the day they could have used an ignition solenoid, follow the cables and see if they are going to a solenoid, if you find one check the large posts across the solenoid and see if you have power. IF you only have power on one side jump the posts and see if the power comes on, OR have the ignition key ON and have someone watch when you jump the post. Also sometimes they would use a plug connector, they would bundle a bunch of 12 volt wires and use plugs, sometimes they can vibrate loose or get corroded. I think your best bet is to start at the battery with a test light and trace the power to the fuse box, then inside..... Hope this helps some... Robert

breaker.

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

HI.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Robert, Hi I would like to know why I have been charged an extra $55 WHEN I EMAILED THE SECOND TIME IT SAID THIS WAS FREE.I HOPE THIS WILL BE CREDITED OFF MY MASTERCARD ACCOUNT.
ROBERT I'AM GOING TO CHECK YOUR LATEST INFORMATION NOW AS I HAVE BEEN AWAY.
Reguards Ray
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

I do not have anything to do with the billing or payments, in fact I only get credit when you select a rating. IF you have questions about the billing click HERE and they can assist you on that end...... Robert.