Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Is there a way to manually bring large slide out in on 2003

Customer Question

Is there a way to manually bring large slide out in on 2003 fleet wood excursion
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

DO you have a Power Gear slide-room?

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's electric motor, we just had new motor put in we checked by motor and there are gears on each side. Everything seems to been well lubricated. We were told it could be the awning getting caught up so we tried pushing on it and then cut the canvas.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It will come in and out a little, it's like when it needs to rise up to continue coming in that's where it gets caught up
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Fleetwood for some time used Power Gear if that is the case click HERE and have a look, on that style there is a lever on the end of the motor, you release the lever and crank or push the room in, if that does not look like yours please let me know.... Robert

Saw your comment...

Check your battery voltage if the voltage was even a little low the motor would still go but might be enough to push the room in and out, the voltage should not be going below 11 volts. The only way to tell if the awning is at fault is to pin the awning and then remove it....

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Battery voltage is good we are reviewing the manual
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

OK

IF that is in fact the room and the lever was disengaged then that would also cause this issue, that lever acts like a brake for the motor. I am not 100% sure as they used several different set ups over the years.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.....

Robert