Ron, RV Mechanic
Experience:  32 years Master Tech ASE certified.
7276279

Found out my Class C 2007 had a water leak over the winter.

Customer Question

Found out my Class C 2007 had a water leak over the winter. Everything is dry now and we are fixing the leaks. How do I remove stains from my ceiling. It my case it looks mulitcolored now. Can you paint an RV ceiling or is there some magic way of cleaning it.
I see a lot of roof repair but not much on replacing or cleaning the ceiling. It looks blotchy like someone took a sponge and spotted it. Right now it's only up front in the first section and a small area in the bedroom in the corner. Also the wall paper in our cabinet buckled but the wall is solid and we do not see any mold. We understand that we will have to cut out that piece of the wall and have it replaced.
Any idea on the cost of getting a new ceiling?
Category: RV
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello Brenda and thank you for your question,

Depending on the material the ceiling is made from you may be able to clean the stains with common house hold bleach. Try mixing a water and bleach solution in a spray bottle (10 % bleach and 90 % water) and spray the area of the stain down till it moist and then let it dry. If its going to clean it will be gone in a day or two. That a cheaper alternative to having to replace the ceiling and often time will work. If after doing this and the stain remains then painting that area would be a better alternative .