Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a dometic refrigerator In my RV which is brand new

Customer Question

I have a dometic refrigerator In my RV which is brand new and a E3 code is coming up and losing coolness. What can I do?
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: I looked for the reset button but cannot find it. Where is it
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: It's a 2017 Forest River XLR
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have been looking for the reset button on the outside of the RV but cannot locate it. I am trying to fix it myself I don't have time to take it in to the shop right now
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

What is the model number of this fridge? It will be on the inside wall on the data tag. It should begin with "RM" and some numbers. Get back to me with this and I can help you sort this out.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
RM1350MSSX
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have turned it off then back on and it's showing 3.5 but it keeps dropping then the E3 starts flashing but only after that number drops down so low
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

I am attaching a link to the Dometic Service Manual that is used for this model. Print it out as there is a bunch of good information in there. See page 40 for the error codes. This one has to do with the AC heater not being available. That can be for a number of reasons. A breaker that is tripped or a blown fuse on the control board or a bad heating element. Testing here with a small digital multimeter can track this down. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direct you in some testing. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/Service%20Manual,%20RM1350.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?