Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a "Super C" Dynamax DX3. WE have an in motion

Customer Question

I have a "Super C" Dynamax DX3. WE have an in motion satellite using Dish that rarely gets a signal, and when it does, its only temporary. We have also noticed that we get poor signal with our in dash navigation system AND our Sirius XM satellite radio. Are these all connected somehow, or are they using individual transmitters/receivers for their signals?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Pretty sure these are separate circuits. I would clean the dome or LNB for the satellite and check all the coax connections at the satellite and at the receiver, IF you see any splitters makes sure the connection points are clean and tight. I might also run a coax directly from the satellite to the back of the receiver, you would just hook up to the sat. and then throw the coax over the side through the window or door to the recevier, this will tell you if it is an issue with the Sat. or the cabling to the receiver.

Not sure on the navi and Sirus XM, the sirus should use a small antenna and I would also check the cables from the antenna to the navi and radio....

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert