Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2015 bounder with a magnum inverter on the road

Customer Question

I have a 2015 bounder with a magnum inverter on the road today we stopped to make lunch refrigerator working fine. I noticed a small leak coming from beaneath where the sink is located but didn't check it out and got back on the road. We pulled into the Rv park for the night and I hooked up the city water. I told my wife to open the faucets I had some trouble with the hose and turned off the water a few minutes later she said the water was coming out of the faucets what had happened the pump was on and was pumping water out of the fresh water tank the next thing she informed me there was a flood underneath the sink which leaked water into the inverter compartment. The next thing she said was thre refrigerator wasn't working. I read the inverter panel inside it said no communication. I checked the breaker and the reset switch, breaker was fine reset switch no signs of life. Is there any way to get power to the refrigerator without going through the inverter.
Thanks Mike
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

Are you trying to restore the 120 VAC side here?

Expert:  Randall replied 4 months ago.

If you don't want to use an extension cord from another outlet, you can just turn it on LP mode and run it that way until you get the inverter problem sorted out. If it is damaged you can have it repaired instead of buying a new one. Please get back to me if you need more input on this as all follow ups are included in our fee.