Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We are getting ready to go on a trip and our generator won't

Customer Question

We are getting ready to go on a trip and our generator won't start. It's been a year since it has been started. It will fire but not run.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Turns over and batteries are charged. It is a propane generator.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: Lance 2005 truck slid in.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We had a local man look at it but no luck. We probably would not fix it ourself useless it is a very simple fix.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not at the moment.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Sitting that long is never a good idea. It may be the LP regulator is low on pressure or bad. That would be the first thing to check. A new one is about $25 for a good Marshall regulator. Try that and see if it will fire up and run. If not, you probably need to get to a shop that has a good genset tech. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more input from me here. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?