gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I have a 2006 fleet terra 26q class a. The house battery's

Customer Question

I have a 2006 fleet wood terra 26q class a. The house battery's do not charge properly from either 120v or while driving. The 110/12 V converter is showing 13vdc. The generator doesn't have enough power to start and the auto entry step only works when the engine is on. The house batteries are new.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

The charging from the alternator and converter should be separate, can you go look outside for a battery control box? Inside that box will be some fuses, breakers and possibly some solenoids, IF you see that can you tell me the make and model of that box, on some set ups all the charging circuits will go through that box, sometimes it is under the engine access or near the batteries...

Thanks, Robert