Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Dash ac blower works sometimes 1'999 monaco diplomat

Customer Question

dash ac blower works sometimes 1`999 monaco diplomat
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

IF it is only happening sometimes it is going to be difficult to troubleshoot, you will have to try and catch it when it is failing and then probe that circuit for power, starting at the fuse box. I would also check the blower motor resistor. That would be under the front cap area up high you will see a black plastic box, on the housing of that box is the resistor, it will have two phillips screws you can pull that out and make sure the spring is not burnt and make sure you have continuity through the coil or spring. Have seen a few of these fail on the Monaco's. I would also get a 12 volt test light and probe all your chassis fuses for power with the ignition switch on. Check the connector at the motor as well if you can access it. Look for any plug connectors in the dash area and make sure they are not loose, sometimes they will bundle a bunch of 12 volt wires and have a male and female connector that plug together sometimes they can become loose or corroded. IT also could be the blower fan or if you had low voltage so I would also check for voltage going to the fan when this is occurring. Could also jump the fan with a DC supply source and make sure it runs normally. IF it comes and goes it could be a loose connection at some point, if the resistor had a hairline crack it might want to work sometimes and not other times....Hope this gives you some direction....

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....