gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

Looking wiring diagram Mountaineer. 2004 I think. Had some

Customer Question

Looking for a wiring diagram for Montana Mountaineer. 2004 I think. Had some electrical overload issues trying to connect to household 250v 50 amp service. Crossed or grounded wires somewhere. Microwave, ceiling fan, outside recep. not working. GFI in bathroom when reset does not hold, goes trip. Ideas?
JA: Has there been any recent electrical work done on the car?
Customer: Not hooked up to vehicle, just parked.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not close to a dealer. Doing this for a friend, trying to get this RV hooked up to run off landline electric as opposed to generator.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I'm outa my league on this. I understand household electric, & basic DC stuff, but this is a new area for me. This unit has a locking plug. Trying to hook it up to a 250v double pole breaker with a 10-3 UF wire. Converting to a standard welder/dryer plug.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

I think this would be much quicker with a phone chat. One fee covers all the time you need or follow ups. Your choice. Wiring diagrams might be tough except from a dealer.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if perhaps you missed my earlier response to your question or if you need more input from me on this issue?