Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Seems that i am not getting charge from converter to batter

Customer Question

seems that i am not getting charge from converter to batter when plugged into 110
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 1990 Triple E Regancy
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i would like to fix it my slef
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that seems about it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

When you are plugged in the power converter should be charging the battery, sometimes on the cable from the converter to the battery they will use a breaker, as a general rule it would be 18" from the battery and can be on the frame or inside a battery control box with fuses and other breakers, most have a tiny tab on them that pop out when they trip. Below is a picture. The other issue is the converter, the converter will be part of the main fuse/breaker panel OR stand alone and plug into an outlet. IF you know the make and model of the converter please let me know and I might be able to send you some troubleshooting......

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Allanson D40 BRC E
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

OK...

That is a super old converter, if it has AC voltage going into and nothing on the DC cables feeding the fuse panel then it is bad. IF you have voltage check for that breaker I was talking about.... Sometimes they are hidden on the frame. Beyond that I would say replace that converter, if you call a local RV parts store they can tell you which model would be the best to replace with... Hope this helps, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert