Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I just bought a 2007 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 36D of which I

Customer Question

I just bought a 2007 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 36D of which I have not yet hooked to shore power. Do I need to shut off the generator and/or main breaker before I make connection or does the system automatically detect the power source. Upper compartment has LED's for each Amperage with generator being the top LED. There is only one selector button. When I press it when the generator is running nothing happens. Please HELLLLLP
Also, there is an issue where the body is leaning to the right and I now have a loud rubbing noise coming from around/under the right front dash. Are these campers rubber mounted to the frame where the bushing might have gone bad? It only has 37K miles
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

You need to make sure the generator is OFF before plugging into shore power. Some owners will actually shut all the breakers OFF inside before plugging in and starting the generator and then once they are plugged in or the generator is going they will turn the breakers ON. As long as you do not plug in with the generator going you should be fine. You should have an Automatic Transfer Switch that detects the incoming power source and switches back and forth between shore and generator power..... IF the generator is running and you have NO AC power inside make sure you do not have a breaker tripped inside. Also on some RV'S you physically have to plug a cord into a socket next to the generator to allow the AC power inside.... Let me know if you still need more help...... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Correction, IF the generator is running and you have no AC power inside check the breaker on the generator, most will have one or two....

IF you are not getting AC voltage plugged in it could be a transfer switch issue.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Robert. Would you answer my question about the body lean issue and running noise. Although I don't think this is related, I should mention the only suspension work I had done was new Monroe shocks. I had a local shop remove the shock but the rubbing noise did not go away. The thought it was the body rubbing but I can't find anyone, including Fleetwood & Ford Chassis, who knows how the camper is connected to the frame
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That was supposed to say rubbing noise
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Normally we answer per issue you may have individual air bags at the rear, and one may be low. You can see them by looking at the rear springs at the attachment point of the axle housing, if you do not have bags they can be installed to help this condition as long as nothing else is wrong. Make sure you are not loaded down on that side as well, beyond that could be a weak leaf spring or something else going on, I might have an alignment shop take a look at this to see if they can find any issues... Hope this helps some.....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Robert, we just returned from vacation and have been busy dealing with backlog from being away. Being quite frank with you, your answer was not any help at all. As a gentleman I am reaching out to you to let you know this before I rate you to give you a chance to respond. I have saved our communications and will be asking for a refund. In the end, I had a 30 second phone call with a local RV shop who "definitively" answered my question and knew the correct answer off the top of his head. There was no guesswork or back and forth needed. This, in my mind, is a true expert and he didn't charge me for the correct answer. I am more than willing to pay for, and always value the knowledge of others but I will not pay for a service that did not help me.
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

That is fine, I try my best and you had two questions we normally only answer per question, if neither of my answers helped I understand the request for the refund. You do not need to select a rating if you are not satisfied, just let me know and I can request a refund for you....