Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Rv freight liner alarm, sounds only in drive with brake off,

Customer Question

Rv freight liner alarm, sounds only in drive with brake off, apply brakes it stops.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Does the alarm go away when you set the parking brake?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have also checked the jacks and they are all the way up
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

OK

What is the make and model of the RV? I am just curious....

Most likely the issue is the sensor for the parking brake, when that sensor fails the alarm can go off when you are in drive, it thinks the parking brake is not released and will give an audible alarm, normally the sensor will have an air line going to it and 12 vdc wires, sometimes they are right below the parking brake valve or they can be under the front cap area. Not sure how to bypass that so the alarm stops, you could try and disconnect it and see what happens... IF you have hydrualic jacks just verify the level in the tank, it should be right below the fill port. I would think a good Frieghtliner shop would be able to diagnose this and the unit should be OK to drive if all your gauges and fluid levels are at the proper level, the only other alarm I can thing of would be for low air but if it foes away when you apply the parking brake I suspect it is the parking brake sensor.... Hope this helps some.... Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's a 1999 Bounder 36s
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also jack fluid is full.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

OK

You might want to reach out to them and see if they concur on that sensor and they can tell you the part number and exact location, they do have a technical support line for customers. Below is the contact info, from what you are describing it sounds to me like the parking brake sensor, they might be able to at least provide you a part number and location on that. I have worked on thousands of different RV's so it is always hard for me to know component location... I hope this points you in the right direction, if you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping.... Robert

Parts, Service & Technical Support(###) ###-####/p>

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nothing at this point
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

IF you would like to try another expert on this please let me know, my goal is for you to be satisfied with me efforts....

Robert