gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I have a 1999 Newmar MOUNTAINAIRE I recently purchased from

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Newmar MOUNTAINAIRE I recently purchased from a friend. The air conditioning was running fine then but now it does not even light up on the duo therm control over the door. it is turned on and fuses have been checked. Could it be a problem if the battery is weak? What other things should be checked? What should I expect it to cost if I take it to a technician if all else fails?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 3 months ago.

Hi, dometic uses power from the electronic package up in the airconditioner to supply voltage to the thermostat. There is a fuse on the control board, this is the first thing to check. You need to take down the ceiling assy from the air conditioner, and locate the control, It is a metal box, where all of the wires terminate, Once located, open the box, and take a look at the flat ATM fuse on the control, take a look and let me know what you find. Shut off power to the ac prior to taking it apart,,,,,,,,,The circuit breaker that feeds the unit is sufficient