Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

We parked the rv in our slanted driveway with the

Customer Question

We parked the rv in our slanted driveway with the refrigerator on and now it won't cool
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: Forrestor by Forest River 2014
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We checked the electrical and the power is on, we turned it to propane to see if it will cool, so far no luck. It's been about 2 hrs
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Do you happen to have the make and model of the fridge??

Thanks, Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Normally when you park off level you can cause the cooling unit to become blocked, once the cooling unit becomes blocked it needs to be replaced OR a new fridge.

Normally no cooling on BOTH AC and LP indicates a problem with the cooling unit, no cooling on one source indicates it is NOT an issue with the cooling unit. IF the unit is not level get it level and let it sit for a few hours before you try. IF the cooling unit was blocked the flue canister would feel very hot to the touch and the grey absoorber coils would be cool, they should feel warm from top to bottom.

The only other issue that this could be is the thermistor, but if you parked off level most likely it is the cooling unit, if you can get me the make and model of the fridge I can tell you how to check the thermistor.

IF you have more question or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included. IF you are satisifed with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped????

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...