Ron, RV Mechanic
Experience:  32 years Master Tech ASE certified.
7276279

The air conditioner blows out dash and floor. wanted to

Customer Question

the air conditioner blows out dash and floor. wanted to check fuses but can't find any info as to where it is located and which fuse. what else could it be?
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Have you checked the circuit?
Customer: no don't know where to look
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2004 jayco granite ridge se
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes before we have to pay arm and leg at ford dealership. just tried to locate fuse box
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no air comes out of das vents
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can tell me which chassis your Jayco is built on I will see if I can find you a diagram , this type of problem is usually caused by a loss of vacuum or a failing control panel. Post back on whether you have a GM ,Ford or Dodge power plant and I have a look and see if we can find the information you need,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ford e-450
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

The common source for a vacuum leak on the E 450 is usually the vacuum storage reservoir but to be sure you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the complete AC diag file in the link below. You are going to want to start your testing at pinpoint test A1. Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/E%20450%20AC%20Jul%2014.pdf