peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 1996 Suzuki DT140 2 stroke. It idles great but will

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Suzuki DT140 2 stroke. It idles great but will not accelerate to full power. sometimes it will just take off and run great, but I intermittently the problem will re-occur. Cleaned and gaped plugs, overhauled carbs. changed water separater, cleaned fuel filter. It appears to be operating in some kind of safe mode.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the exhaust tested/checked for excessive back pressure?I have seen components break loose inside the exhaust components and cause intermittent issues with choking out the flow causing a lack of power like this here.If this has been checked already let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete