peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

My Cummins Onan 4000 generator my RV starts but the red

Customer Question

My Cummins Onan 4000 generator my RV starts but the red light blinks and as soon as I let go it cuts out and stops running. I changed the oil just now and still get the same results. It only has 140 hours used on it
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: 3/4 tank and we have driven it every day for about two weeks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Including today
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not checked for any fuel restriction or fuel flow issues with the fuel feed this needs done.I have seen issues with a lack of fuel due to a kinked fuel line or clogged fuel filter cause this fault here.If this has been checked already and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The fuel line was actually fine. Due to the length of time it was taking to get a reply, I had to seek assistance from the maufacturer. I appreciate you tryin to respond ..... Do you know who I touch base with about getting my payment refunded? Thanks so much, Pete.... I appreciate your response.

Once again I do apologize for the delay and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.I will send this to customer service for you.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Pete I appreciate it. I wish there was something I could do to figure this generator out. It seems I will have to have it serviced.