Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We bought a 2006 Winnebago Aspen motor home with an Onan

Customer Question

we bought a 2006 Winnebago Aspen motor home with an Onan genset. The electrical outlets and air conditioning work well on 110 power. They do not work when on the generator. Are we missing something or do we need to switch on something.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 7 months ago.

Hi, the unit will either have a 30 amp female plug to put the shoreline into when you want to use the gen, or an automatic transfer swtich which does this automatically. First check the breakers on the generator to make sure they are on. Breakers are on the generator near the on/off switch. please give me the model number, and I can see if I can locate the transfer switch on the unit, thanks

Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

HI....

I see this expert has opted out. The first thing you want to do is check the breakers on the generator. On some generators you have to remove the side panel on the generator to get at them. Let me know if that is the issue or not, while you are out near the generator look and see if there is cord coming off the generator and an outlet, on some you have to plug the cord in to allow AC power into the RV.

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

So you do have a cord you have to plug in..... Per manual......

To use the 110-volt generator, plug the power cord into the generator receptacle within the utility compartment before starting the generator.

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

HI!!! Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included....

Robert