peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

Slideout not working on Fleetwood Icon 2009 (built on

Customer Question

Slideout not working on Fleetwood Icon 2009 (built on sprinter chassis). It has worked all season with no issue, including yesterday. Stuck on the in position. Power to the switch is OK, but there is no power to motor. As far as I can tell the main breaker is before the switch (breaker near battery at front of vehicle; switch in back interior) and that also test continuous with a multimeter.
My thoughts:
-Blown interior secondary breaker or fuse (I don't see one)
-Sensor to detect is the vehicle is level is defective (Not sure if there is one in the system)
-Emergency brake sensor is defective (definitely has one of these in the system)
I don't see a fuse on the inside panel box and have reset the breakers in that box to be sure that the slide is not tied into one of those. Main changes since yesterday when it last worked: it was 105 degrees and we brought the slide in with the AC running (on generator). Can't think of any other new variables.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you havent checked for any damaged or broken wiring leading to the slide motor or connection issues this should be done.I have seen issues with damaged or broken wiring cause this fault here needing replaced or repaired.If this has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete