Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We have a dometic refrig. model number RM7401L. The service

Customer Question

We have a dometic refrig. model number RM7401L. The service people say that we need need refrigeration unit and that Dometic no longer makes that particular model Do you have the unit or how can we get one. They want to put in a newer model which is larger than the old one and would stick into the aisle 4" which I don't want. Can you help us?
PLEASE !
Cheryl l oLOFSON
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

HI my name is Robert.....

Are they saying you need a new cooling unit?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

OK

So I looked into this and the issue I see this model you have is not commonly used in the US... I found one that is close and you can see the measurements. I can say that sometimes it is normal to modify the cabinet to make the newer model fit. I am not sure what model number they are coming up with but I come up with a RM2354 which is 29-3/4 x 20-1/2 x 21-3/8 IF I look at the specs on the RM 7401L I have to convert MM to inches and come up with 32 1/4x 20 1/2 x 21 3/8... That would be height x width x depth. SO from what I can see the cabinet would have to be modified by about two inches to make it work..... Click HERE to view It would be taller but the depth and width would be about the same so it is not sticking out. I would run that model by the RV shop and see what they say. I do not see a direct replacement for the 7401L.....

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Thanks... Robert