Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I am thinking about buying an rv with a ford E450 chassis.

Customer Question

I am thinking about buying an rv with a ford E450 chassis. Its a 2007 model with only 17000 miles. what kind of problems may I have with this age coach and so few miles. With no records what should i do after I buy it?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

That is low miles so I would not expect any major issues, if you can tell me the manufacturer and model of the RV I can check for recalls.

What I would have done on the chassis after purchase is an annual service, the labor is about 2 hours and this would include changing the oil and oil filter, fuel filter, lube the chassis inspect all the fluids, transmission, rear diff, coolant. Inspect all the belts and hoses, inspecting the brakes....

Most shops will offer a package to do this service then you have a base line to go from, most owners will do this service annually and those that do have far less problems down the road...

For the interior I would have the LP pressure checked to make sure it is good that should also be checked every year....

IF you can tell me the manufacturer and model I can check for recalls.....

Hope this helps... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped????? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert