gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I have a 2007 Jayco 40' Toyhauler camper the last 8 of

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2007 Jayco 40' Toyhauler camper the last 8 of the vin code are 71AV0213 the slide switch in the livingroom is working intermittently I contacted a local Jayco dealer have went back and forth with them for weeks Jayco is saying the switch I need is the one that is in the bedroom a white small switch. The one for the livingroom slide is a touch soft flat type switch not a rocker type it also has capacitors and resisters it is quite a bit bigger with 4 wires the bedroom slide switch has 5 wires My question is will the standard rocker type switch work? What wires do I use ? I do not want to burn up the slide motor using a basic switch. The switch I took out was mounted in the control panel it looked to be original equipment to me. The 4 wires were soldered to the switch looked the same as the rest of the solder joints the hole in control center panel does not look like it had been modified. I don't know if I need all the stuff that was on the switch that I took out or not . I don't think it would have been on there if it was not needed . Any help would be appreciated Thanks Mark
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Can you attach a photo or two of the parts you are talking about? That would help. These are made by a number of different companies.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Cannot get 2 pics to attach at once will send a second pic
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

One of the front would be good. Do you have a small multimeter? That would be very helpful here for some testing. About $20 or so at most hardware stores.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

No second photo received........did you send or attach it? You can e-mail it to me at***@******.***

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Trying Jayco direct will advise
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Good move! Please let me know what they report.