Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

How do I start the hot water heater on a 1999 Prowler. The

Customer Question

How do I start the hot water heater on a 1999 Prowler. The instructions are washed off the panel. We want to go from electric to gas.
JA: HHave you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: No leaks and works on electricity.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, just need the procedure to switch from electric to gas.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just need some manual instructions and it isn't the big manual.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

DO you happen to have the make and model number of the water heater? It could be a pilot model OR direct ignition, Do you see a circuit board with wires going to it under the outside access panel?

Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Model #GCGAA-9E Spec #142039 Capacity 6.2 BTU/hr 8.8
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

OK

That is a direct ignition model so all you have to do is make sure the LP is ON and then somewhere inside is a switch, when you turn the switch ON you should start to hear the electrode spark on the water heater. That switch can be in several locations, on the monitor panel, in the hallway of the galley or in the bathroom, it is up to the RV manufacturer to decide where to put the switch... You can also run it on electric for faster recovery, the electric side would only work when you are plugged into power as it works on AC voltage. IF you still need more help please let me know. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Direct ignition. I'm trying to reach the person I'm doing this for . They are trying to switch over from electric to propane. Hope this is the right instructions for this.
Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Yes there should be a switch inside, all you have to do is turn that on and make sure the LP tank valve is open, when you turn the switch on the water heater should start sparking. IF it does not there may be an issue.

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 4 months ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert