Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.

I have a 2009 Tour and my slide out extension keeps breaking

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Tour and my slide out extension keeps breaking the ceramic floor tiles, is this an ajustement problem or a defective roller issue ?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

It can be a bad roller or it may be just the room needs adjustment on the angle. It kind of depends on who made the slide hardware. I can tell you that any slide that moves over any surface other than carpet will eventually do some kind of damage to the flooring. We see this question quite often here. The only ones that don't are rooms that don't use a roller on the leading edge so that there is no contact with the floor at all. You should find a shop that can do this slide adjustment or perhaps have a good mobile mechanic take a look at this for you. Be sure to ask if they have experience in this sort of repair first. Get a firm estimate! Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need additional input from me as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 3 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?