Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Trailer wont work under battery power only the slide out

Customer Question

trailer wont work under battery power only the slide out works no light
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: yes brand new
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: aljo 560
JA: What year is your RV?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: cheacked all wiring fuses are all good
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Does everything work when you are plugged into power?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Follow ups are included.......

The slide-room normally is wired directly to the battery and if that works it tells me the battery is good, go to the battery and make sure you do not have a tripped breaker, sometimes they will stick one on the cable from the converter to the battery. Most have a tiny tab on them that pops out when they trip, as a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery and can be on the frame. IF you see any the voltage to chassis ground should be the same on each post. IF you do not see any or they test good and do NOT have a battery disconnect switch inside then I suspect the converter might be at fault, if you happen to have a disconnect switch inside please let me know that switch is normally near the entry step as you enter, not all RV's have them. I would start by looking for a tripped breaker near the battery.... Hope this helps... Robert

Breaker.

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert