Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2002 32v adventurer ford v10. It has 113000 miles

Customer Question

I have a 2002 32v adventurer ford v10. It has 113000 miles and motor still runs great. On a drive from Colorado to Oregon, straight through, 24 hours, the transmission began to act up. It did not want to shift. I had to manually shift from low to drive but it still would not shift into 3rd or 4th gear. After we parked for about a month we drove about 10 miles to a new location and it seemed to shift fine. I am worried about what will happen on the trip back to Colorado. Fluid level is fine.
Category: RV
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Was the overdrive light flashing when this occurred?

Is there a chance the transmission may have been running hot from alot of hills?

Any concerns with the transmission oil like bad color or odor?

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out. We have 7 days to get a confirmation that my help assisted you, or the post times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris