peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.

I have a problem with my slide out... when i try to slide it

Customer Question

hello, i have a problem with my slide out... when i try to slide it in , it will travel aprox. 4 inches and stop.. when it does stop, i hear a repetitive banging, which i am sure is the cogs on the wheel bouncing thru the holes .. this tells me the motor is fine, but something is not letting the slide move... I have pulled up the carpet thinking that it might have been binding the movement, but that was not the case... When extended, the slide is not level with the rest of the unit, and slopes down toward the outside... and ideas would be appreciated
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be an issue with a bent slide track that isnt moving like it should.I have seen issues with bent slide tracks in the past before cause this issue here needing replaced.I would have the slide and slide tracks checked to see if any are damaged or bent needing repaired or replaced for this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete