Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I just had a new AC put in my RV. You can hear the

Customer Question

I just had a new AC put in my RV. You can hear the compressor cycle every few minutes. I think the new unit is bad. The repair wants me to put a new manuel lower unit on it.
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: Brand new unit, Im thinking the same thing but its a sealed unit.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2004 Cedar Creek. The AC is a Dom
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Im trying to keep from getting nickel and dime by a rv repair guy.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I think the ac unit is bad, but they want to try other things first and me pay for it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

How long ago was the new AC unit installed and did a shop do the install?

Robert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Put in a week ago today. Put in by a moblie repair repair
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

OK

Here is the thing if the NEW AC unit has issues and it is only a week old then it should be covered under warranty, you should not have to pay a dime for them to look at this, that is bad business, Dometic has a one year warranty on these and for them to charge you is unreasonable, normally you would attempt to repair the unit and would have Dometic involved since it is a new unit, Dometic with authorize any repairs and pay the labor, if it can not be repaired then they might change it out for you. I think IF I was in your position and they are trying to have you pay again on a brand new install I would take it to another shop for a second opinion, make sure you have your receipt as well so the new shop can get any repairs done under warranty. I understand what you are saying but normally the tech has to go through all the troubleshooting to determine if the unit is bad and then get authorazatrion through Dometic.... Hope this helps some.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Thanks... Robert