Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

Just need to cover floor registers with some kind of

Customer Question

Just need to cover floor registers with some kind of magnetic thin cover because little things keep getting dropped in them. Any suggestions? I don't even know if the registers are metal or plastic.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2015 Winnebago 31RLSS trailer
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I can replace them myself or cover them however, I don't know if the factory registers are magnetic.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I was just thinking if they ARE magnetic, I could get a flexible sheet of rubberized magnet and cut to size to cover vent.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

HI my name is Robert.....

Hard for me to say if they are metal or plastic, some home improvement stores do carry the magnetic covers that stay on top of the vent, if yours are plastic what I might do is get some 1/8 rubber and cut out one for each vent and then use some velcro on the register and the underside of the rubber, the velcro should hold it in place and prevent it from moving. OR you can change the vents to metal and use the rubberized magnet. Most RV stores carry the metal vent covers. I think once you get one out you will be able to tell if it is plastic or not.... Hope this helps some....

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped???? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Thanks... Robert