gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

RV question 2006 Itasca ownership on a

Customer Question

RV question 2006 Itasca ownership on a used there a transfer pump for the water heater? it was winterized, is in full hookup at an rv park, will heat on gas as well as electric, but does not transfer inside to I missing a switch to transfer?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 3 months ago.

Hi, there is no transfer pump, however there is a bypass used for winterizing. inside go to the back of the waterheater, and see if you can locate the plumbing to it, you should see a couple of valves that allow water into, then out of the waterheater, in the bypass mode the water does not come out of the water heater. Take a look and let me know what you see

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can you send me a picture? are you talking about the small compartment that has the water heater, spigot and relay board? or is it on the other side where you hook the hose and stuff up?

This is directly behind the waterheater, here is a photo, yours may be a bit different, yet the same