Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.

I have a RM2652 dometic refrigerator in my camper and the

Customer Question

I have a RM2652 dometic refrigerator in my camper and the interior light went out, the bulb is good, and now, a day later, the refrigerator has stopped cooling. The refrigerator is level and has been working fine. All other trailer lights work fine. We are new to this so please help.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

The fridge needs DC power to turn on and work. GO to the back of the fridge and remove the access panel, unplug the fridge. Next remove the cover on the circuit board and check the fuses, one fuse is for the DC power or what allows the fridge to turn on. Make sure it is good, next I would verify you have over 11 volts going into the circuit board, click HERE for a service manual that should help, if you have 12 volts going into the circuit board and the fuse is good then it is going to be an issue with the lower circuit board or upper display panel.. In the manual there are some voltage checks that you can do. Might be best to have a shop look if it is not something simple such as a blown fuse or lack of DC voltage.

One other to check is the round flue canister, if you find you have DC voltage on the supply wires go to the flue canister and look for a small disc witha tiny button on it, it would have smaller wires going to it. Make sure the tiny button is not popped out, that is high limit and could cut power to the fridge. I would also make sure that light inside is not corroded where the wires are going into it...

It sounds like you are not doing anything wrong and it could be a failed circuit board or display panel if the fuse is good and you have voltage at the board...

Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 3 months ago.

HI... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped????

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...