Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

How do you take off the coach battery cover Winnebago Chalet

Customer Question

how do you take off the coach battery cover for a Winnebago Chalet
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

They make a Class A and Class C this year for the Chalet, which do you have?

Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Class C
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

OK

Then they should be outside a compartment on a slide out try in the front of the tray is a black knob that you lift up on and it release the tray and the batteries will slide out, the batteries should also have a strap on them and that strap needs to be removed, I am not showing any actually covers over the batteries unless someone has installed some, normally they slip over the batteries..... IF needed please send a picture.....

Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The slide only comes out enough to get the first battery unhooked. And there is a cover over the batteries not a strap, which we cannot seem to get off.
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

OK....

Understand, I checked and it appears it is not standard for the cover and someone could have added that so it would be difficult for me to say. Some actually lift straight up and do not have a strap. Some will have a hose on them for a vent as well, normally on that style it is bolted on each side where the top and bottom meet. IF you want to send me a picture you should be able to attach a photo using the paper clip icon.....

Robert

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well it is raining here and cannot do that at this time. Will try again tomorrow
Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

OK...

Please let me know if you need more help, I am around daily and respond when I can....

Thanks, Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 6 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if you made any progress on this?

Thanks, Robert