Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

What's the best flooring RV camper? I've been told

Customer Question

What's the best flooring for an RV camper? I've been told that linoleum or peel and stick or any other type with adhesive is a bad thing due to the adhesive coming apart in the heat when trailers sit around. I was told to do the snap and click flooring. (Over chip board or plywood.)
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

HI my name is Robert...

The linoleum would work if it is properly glued, the peel and stick ones are not as good as laying an entire sheet down onto the glue, I have seen issues with the linoleum if the floor is not very clean prior to applying, if anything at all was under the lino. it would start to show as it is walked over. Beyond that I have not see to many issues with that style. I would not use the peel and stick type.

The snap click flooring works well, many RV owners use it and like. I would at least use the linoleum in the bathroom I have seen wood flooring and carpet and both are difficult to get clean and if you had a leak it would ruin the flooring.....

Hope this helps some... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

HI... was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? Please feel free to contact me if needed..