Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977

Have replaced a failed Atwood gas/elec 10 gal water heater

Customer Question

Have replaced a failed Atwood gas/elec 10 gal water heater with an Atwood 10 gal gas only unit. The first tank heating cycle went fine, but then on the second the igniter clicks, but continues after the flame starts for a few seconds and then the flame shuts down.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 3 months ago.

Hi, this winter I installed 2 different gas atwood waterheaters, and they both had this symptom, The problem is that the control module is bad, and will need to be replaced. As it is new it will be done on warranty. You need to contact an atwood warranty station. Quite honestly, I paid for the new controls in each instance as it takes a week or better for atwood to send the part. wishing you well Michael......please get back to me if you would like to discuss this further