peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

The dash radio and key fob do not work on my C5500 motorhome

Customer Question

The dash radio and key fob do not work on my C5500 motorhome chassis. I found the fuses under the hood, of which none are marked radio, are there fuses somewhere else?
JA: Have you checked the battery in the fob? Will the car open with another remote?
Customer: I haven't yet, I was thinking that if I solved the radio issue, it might solve the fob issue, since they both seemed to happen at the same time!
JA: What year is your Chassis?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've just looked for a fuse since there seems to be no power to the radio
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Unfortunately I do not see the fuse box locations on this model here myself but in some cases there are fuses under the front seats or dash area.I would check and see if you can locate a fuse panel in these areas here and if any are found to be blown needing replaced.If this is or has already been checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete