Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

The water pump water tank dose not want to pump water. It

Customer Question

the water pump for fresh water tank dose not want to pump water. It work when tank was completly full, but would pump up to presure then would keep running but like it had a bypass on it . After about maybe 40 gal it would not pump at all. It ran and would pump water through the winteriz valve but would not pull from storage tank. Seemed like it was pumping air .
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

It may have been. Most storage tanks are about 40 gallons. It may have a crack in the filter (if it has one) or it may have some plastic chip debris out of the tank that is affecting the diaphragms. Then it can come up to pressure like it should. The pump head can be taken off and checked, but be sure the water level in the tank isn't the problem. Please get back to me if you need more input from me here as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 5 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some additional input from me