Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

The refrigerator check light comes on with the 30 AMP Power

Customer Question

The refrigerator check light comes on with the 30 AMP Power and the LP Gas either one when you turn it on the check light comes on after a couple of minutes, what can I check
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

That would depend on the make and model of your fridge. Can you look on the inside of the box and give me that? Dometic units start with an "RM" and then 3 or 4 numbers. Norcold units start with an "N" and the same 3 or 4 numbers. Once I have that I can supply a manual and direct you in some testing. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Model # ***** Serial # *****
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

RM2852..........And those check lights can come on for various reasons. The LP gas may be turned off or the pressure is too low. The burner area may be dirty with debris. The board may be the problem. I am attaching the Diagnostic Service Manual for this model to this post. Print it out so you have it. See the check list on that symptom. If you have a small digital multimeter this is easier to do. The flue can be cleaned once you open up the outside inspection cover. Get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. http://www.fourwheelcampers.com/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the model # ***** ***** - 2852 that was not a z
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Yes, I got that........and the manual link I gave you was for that model.

Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some additional input from me

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
not yet going to work on it today I will get back with you going to clean the tip first
Expert:  Randall replied 8 months ago.

O.K..........let me know if you need more.