peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 95 Winnabago Warrior p 30 chevy, The ac-heater

Customer Question

Hey Pearl, I have a 95 Winnabago Warrior p 30 chevy, The ac-heater blower system when running gets the plug in 30 amp breaker hot, kicks off, when it cools down a little it starts back up. I have replaced motor,relay, breaker, nothing worked until I replaced resistor, but it only lasted 5or 6 short trips now kicking breaker again then its cools off starts back up.
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: Has nothing do with cooling system, it is electrical breaker cools off and resets.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 95 winnabago warrior 25 ft 454 gas engine, p 30 chevy chassis
JA: What year is your Chassis?
Customer: 95
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced every thing, nothing worked until I replaced resistor, it only worked couple months
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: were the breaker plugs in don,t seem quite as tight as could be, problemly were it got hot alot
JA: I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8-Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: that's all I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the RV Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, Pearl, have not seen answer.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If there is play in the breaker contacts to where the contacts are loose this can cause the breaker to heat up like this here.I have had to replace the terminals the breakers sit or seat into for this fault here before.With all that has been replaced to try and correct this I suspect the breaker terminals need replaced to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete