gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry

I have a RM2611 Caravan refrigerator. When plugged in to

Customer Question

I have a RM2611 Caravan refrigerator. When plugged in to 120v if cools on gas but not on AC. When connected to 12V DC the refrigerator does not work at all. 12V power is coming to unit, the 5 amp fuse is OK but there is no refrigerator light or anything that comes on.
Again it only cools on gas mode when plugged into 120V power.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 3 months ago.

Hi, your description is interesting. Lets do this lets begin in the beginning. With the caravan unplugged do you have 12volts to the control board? Take a look to your right at the burner assy, and heat stack, do you see wires running to a small component rivited to the stack? Lets discuss this thanks

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry I did not get right back to. I had to go out where the unit is stored to look at refer.. Yes there is 12V power to the terminal block and I assume to the control. yes there are two wires running to the burner assembly and heat stack.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
However when 120V power is disconnected with 12V power connected the control panel on the front of the unit does not light up.

Hi the unit needs the 12volt supply to operate in all modes, only needs 120 when on ac operation. the only connection between the two is that when you are plugged in the converter is charging the battery, and supplying 12 volts to the system. With your voltmeter, check the voltage (dc) at the connection to the coach wiring, with the shore line plugged in, and without it plugged in. thanks. Please give me the voltage readings......